Mid-Week Discipleship (2nd & 4th Wednesday of Each Month)
The Mid-Week Discipleship Night will begin with dinner in the Fellowship Hall.
The Mid-Week Discipleship Classes will start on Wednesday, September 13th.
GROWTH GROUPS SCHEDULE
- 5:45pm – Doors Open
- 6:00pm – Dinner.
- 6:30pm – Kitchen Closes / Clean up
GROWTH GROUPS SCHEDULE (6:30PM - 7:45PM)
- 6:15pm – KidzLife Check-In
- 6:30pm – KidzLife
- 6:30pm – Worship (Youth & Adults)
- 6:45pm – Receive Tithes & Offerings/ Dismiss to Classes
- 7:45pm – End of Discipleship Classes
Financial Peace University [Room 3]
Love & Respect [Room 4]
KidzLife / Nursery [Room 6]
KidzLife / K-5th Grade [Module A]
MasterLife (General Discipleship Class)
[Room 9 / North of Platform]
Developing Leaders to Make A Difference
[Room 10/ South of Platform]
The Bait of Satan / Driven by Eternity [Sanctuary]
Students / Youth [Module C]
GROWTH GROUP DESCRIPTIONS
- We will provide 5 electives for adults.
- General Discipleship Class. Teacher: Sonny Smith.
- “The Bait of Satan” (6 weeks) and “The Awe of God” (6 weeks) by John Bevere. Teacher: Martha Lemons.
- “Love & Respect” by Emerson Eggerichs. Teacher: Powell Lemons.
- “Financial Peace University” by Dave Ramsey. Teacher: Richard Duncan.
- “Developing Leaders to Make a Difference” by John Maxwell. Teacher: Pastor
- Each class will have a maximum of 16 people including the teacher for a total of 80.
- The average length of each Discipleship Class is 12 weeks.
- Is there a cost involved in taking some of these classes.
You are welcome to sign up and take any of these classes without purchasing any of the materials. You can just bring your Bible and Notepad and take good notes. However, if you have the ability financially to purchase the book or workbook, or both, I highly recommend it. I believe that by investing in your personal spiritual growth and development as a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, you will benefit in so many ways.
Another thing to keep in mind is that one of the advantages of attending these Discipleship Classes, you will have two whole weeks to complete your written assignments instead of only seven days. Just remember that you will get out of each of these classes what you put into them.
The church will not be making any profit from the sales of any of the resources that go along with these books or workbooks. We will purchase them and make them available for a donation of the price we paid to get them here to you.
- A Night of Worship & Testimonies.
At the end of the 12 weeks, we will all convene in the Main Sanctuary for a time of worship and testimonies.
- The Discipleship Classes will repeat all over again.
Once we finish the first set of 12 Discipleship Classes, we will be starting them back up all over again, giving people the opportunity to take a different course. We hope that by this time we will have new families enrolling and joining us for one of these classes.
- We will consider introducing other Discipleship Courses as Electives in the future.
Such Discipleship Consist may consist of the following:
- Systematic Theology.
- Intercessory Prayer.
- Biblical Prophecy.
- Men’s Discipleship Courses.
- Women’s Discipleship Courses.
- Parenting Classes.
- The General Discipleship Class will always be made available.
This particular course actually consists of Four Volumes, each having 6 lessons, for a total of 24 lessons. It is very thorough, laying a life-changing Biblical Foundation for the New Believers as well as theologically convicting and challenging for the more spiritually mature Christian.
- Measurable results are inevitable in the process of Making Biblical Disciples.
As we make Biblical disciples based on the Great Commission our Lord Jesus Christ gave to the church, growing mature disciples will be the result. None of us ever arrive at full spiritual maturity on this side of eternity. All of us are a spiritual work in process becoming more and more like Jesus every day.
In the months to come, you can expect to:
- See healthy marriages thriving.
- Acquire spiritual wisdom to make sound decisions in your finances.
- Grow in the grace and understating of a personal relationship with Christ.
- Be amazed of the spiritual progress children and youth will make in their spiritual journey with the Lord.
- See men and women become spiritual leaders that make a difference.
- Men & Women’s Events will continue to be offered throughout the year.
- The Adult Sunday School Class will continue to be offered on Sunday mornings.
- 10.Prayer and fasting needs to become a regular part of our walk with God as we commit this Vision for Making Disciples in the 21st Century.
Psalm 127:1, NKJV
Unless the Lord builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it;
Unless the Lord guards the city,
The watchman stays awake in vain.